Anthony is on a quest to visit all 193 countries in the world. And he plans to accomplish this goal as the first person in a wheelchair.
Anthony is an incredibly impressive individual who has not let physical disabilities dictate his life. Despite being in a wheelchair he has managed to travel to 20% of the world’s countries on his quest to visit all 193. He shares with us the challenges of being disabled in developing countries with two heartfelt stories. What stands out most is his positive and can-do attitude. Anthony is an inspiration whether you are a traveler or not.
Subscribe on iTunes today!
More about Anthony William:
- Born in: I was born in Newcastle upon Tyne, which is a city in the North East of England.
- Passports from: British Passport
- Favorite travel book: As much as I love reading and as much as I also love traveling, I’ve never actually combined the two and read a travel book.
- Favorite travel film: Perhaps it would either be something like Into the Wild or Life of Pi.
- Favorite travel site: It’s probably dreadfully unoriginal but I would say my favorite travel related app is the couchsurfing app.
- Must carry: Recent addition to my carry-on baggage – an iPad Pro – really handy for writing on the road and is much smaller than my old laptop.
- Favorite food: Vegetarian Lasagna or Spaghetti.
- Favorite drink: Pineapple and Coconut water.
- Favorite Airline: I think the best airline I’ve flown on so far way one of these three: Air NZ, Xiamen Airline and Oman Air.
- Favorite Hotel: I quite enjoy staying at the Marriott whenever I can afford it or snag some free accommodation. Overall though I’ve stayed in way too many hotels to specifically pinpoint a favorite.
- Website: Geordie Traveller
- Facebook: Geordie Traveller
- Twitter: @Geordie_Travels
- Instagram: @GeordieTraveller
Subscribe on iTunes today!!
About Counting Countries
Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space.
Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi.
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia.
Ric is also on his own quest to visit every country in the world. You can see where he has traveled so far and keep up with his journey at GlobalGaz.com
How Many Countries Are There?
Well… that depends on who you ask!
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.