April is approaching her century mark and is on a quest to travel to every country in the world!
April is the first Filipino female to travel to all seven continents in one calendar year. She is also on a mission to visit all 193 countries in the world She is closing in on her 100th country, and she is doing this while working on this quest as a pharmacist in Chicago.
More about April Peregrino:
- Born in: Chicago, IL, USA
- Passports from: USA and Philippines
- Favorite travel book: “The Beach” by Alex Garland and “Shantaram” by Gregory David Roberts (both read while traveling ????).
- Favorite travel site: Skyscanner
- Must carry: Bikini and a travel purse which serves as a talisman.
- Favorite Airline: Turkish Airlines, especially if I have lounge access in Istanbul!
- Favorite Hotel: Tied between The Montage at Laguna Beach, CA and Villa Song at Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam
- Facebook: Every Other Week
- Instagram: Every Other Week
About Counting Countries
Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space.
Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi.
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia.
How Many Countries Are There?
Well… that depends on who you ask!
- The United Nations states that there are 193 member states.
- The British Foreign and Commonwealth office states that there are 225 countries and territories.
- The Century Club states that there are 324 sovereign nations, territories, enclaves, and islands.
- The Most Traveled Person states that there are 875 unique parts of the world.
- The Best Traveled states that there are 1281 unique places in the world.
Me? My goal is the 193 countries that are recognized by the UN, but I am sure I will visit some other places along the way.
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.