Henrik Jeppesen completed his quest of traveling to every country in the world at the age of 27. Henrik was laser focused on completing his goal at all cost.
Henrik has traveled to all 193 countries at the age of 27. On a limited budget, Henrik was determined to visit every corner of the globe. If needed he would walk 20 km to the airport to save money on the bus fare. Yet, through sponsorships he has also stayed at dozens of luxurious resorts.
More about Henrik Jeppesen:
- Born in: Denmark
- Passports from: Denmark
- Favorite travel book: Chasing 193, Vol. II: The Quest to Visit Every Country in the World
- Favorite travel film: It is a difficult choice, but I will choose Motorcycle Diaries.
- Favorite travel site: Nomad Mania
- Must carry: Only smartphone, credit card and passport. All you need to travel the world.
- Favorite food: Italian and French vegetarian cuisine.
- Favorite drink: Evian water.
- Favorite Airline: Sun Air of Scandinavia. Amazing airline. Not a sponsor of mine, but amazing. Use your British Airways miles to fly them.
- Favorite Hotel: Glenmere Mansion would be one.
- Website: Every Country In The World
About Counting Countries
Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space.
Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi.
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia.
How Many Countries Are There?
Well… that depends on who you ask!
- The United Nations states that there are 193 member states.
- The British Foreign and Commonwealth office states that there are 225 countries and territories.
- The Century Club states that there are 325 sovereign nations, territories, enclaves, and islands.
- The Most Traveled Person states that there are 875 unique parts of the world.
- The Best Traveled states that there are 1281 unique places in the world.
Me? My goal is the 193 countries that are recognized by the UN, but I am sure I will visit some other places along the way.
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.