Taylor is on track to break three Guinness World Records in October of 2018
Taylor is 23 years old and is from Alabama. She is on track to become the youngest person in the world to travel to every country in the world as well as the fastest. The current record holder for the youngest is James Asquith who has been on Counting Countries and for the fastest, it is Cassie De Pecol.
Taylor responds to the criticism that has been directed at her from the world of social media. Some question her quest, wondering if she has truly visited some of these countries as she has traveled so quickly.
Taylor spent an impactful semester studying in London while in university. During her semester she visited an additional 20 countries. She is also inspired by her 91 year old grandmother who is still an active traveler, who just recently visited Egypt.
Counting Countries has been added to both Alexa and Spotify. Wherever you listen, consider subscribing and writing a review. And check out the awesome Counting Countries store on Amazon.
If there is someone you want to hear on Counting Countries, please reach out to me. Taylor joined me from Alabama while I was in Bangkok, please join in and listen to today’s episode.
Be the first on your block to sport official Counting Countries apparel! You can purchase today on Amazon.
And now you can listen to Counting Countries on Spotify! And Alexa!
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts today! And write a review!
Check out our friends: Chasing 193, Volume II: The Quest To Visit Every Country In The World and Large Minority. They organize international rallies around the world including: Sri Lanka, Cambodia, the Philippines and the Amazon.
More about Taylor:
- Born in: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Passports from: 2 US Passports
- Favorite travel book: Eat Pray Love, I guess? I don’t tend to read a ton of travel books.
- Favorite travel film: Honestly? The Lizzie McGuire Movie or The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants. Those both probably sound so trivial or childish but from a young age they really inspired me to want to get to Europe and see the places in those movies. And, I am happy to say, I have now been to Rome (multiple times) and finally made it to Greece! I think it was so influential at a young age to be able to see to see other young women traveling around the world.
- Must carry: My retainer and a small stuffed animal (named Bun Bun). Also, definitely need my phone.
- Favorite app: Google flights for planning. Google sheets for organization.
- Favorite food: Pizza. Or anything involving cheese really.
- Favorite drink: Sprite, but I try to drink as much water as possible while traveling.
- Favorite airline: Norwegian! I love their cheap flights linking the US and Europe. Definitely my favorite low cost carrier. As far as the big name airlines go I would say American Airlines because two of my grandparents worked for and retired from American.
- Favorite hotel: East Winds in Saint Lucia! It was one of the first stops on my trip and it will be very hard to ever beat. It was so beautiful and I have never been so pampered in my life.
- Website: Trek With Taylor
- Facebook: Trek With Taylor
- Instagram: Trek With Taylor
- Twitter: Trek With Taylor
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts today!!
About Counting Countries
Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space.
Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi.
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia.
Ric is also on his own quest to visit every country in the world. You can see where he has traveled so far and keep up with his journey at GlobalGaz.com
How Many Countries Are There?
Well… that depends on who you ask!
An analysis of these lists and who is the best traveled by Kolja Spori.
Check out our partner and sponsor: Chasing 193, Volume II: The Quest To Visit Every Country In The World.
Explore the unique stories from 20 more world-class travelers from various backgrounds and nations and from all walks of life who have tirelessly pursued visiting every country in the world and have filled their lives with a virtually endless amount of adventure.
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.