Stefan has been able to strike a great balance between life and travel. Stefan has a full time job and is married, yet still has managed to travel to 186 countries.
Stefan’s passion for the Chinese language in school led him to studying, working, and living in China for eight years. He also managed to visit every province in the country. With detailed planning and with an expertise in travel hacking, Stefan has managed to live a life of travel and exploration. Despite working full time has has managed with business trips and his vacations to methodically travel the world. Listen in as he shares amazing travel stories of exploring Djibouti, dealing with a missing baby in Saudi Arabia, and why Tunisia is his favorite country. Please enjoy this episode of Counting Countries.
Subscribe on iTunes today!
More about Stefan Krasowski:
- Born in: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Passports from: Two, valid US passports
- Favorite travel book: My first Lonely Planet China book
- Favorite travel film: I still have not seen Up in the Air.
- Favorite travel site: maps.me for offline navigation around the world.
- Must carry: Small Chinese umbrella with UV liner for rain and sun, yes, a parasol.
- Favorite food: If I had to pick one dish to eat every day for the rest of my life, it is Korean bibimbap.
- Favorite drink: Fruit juices, my favorite is soursop.
- Favorite Airline: My wife’s favorite is Korean Airlines, when she flies happy, we are both happy.
- Favorite Hotel: Shanghai Holiday Inn Pudong, I used to stay a lot for business, within a 5-minute walk there are a ton of restaurants where I can get all my Shanghai favorites, bubble tea, and even great Xinjiang food; for glamorous in Shanghai, by the way, Hotel Indigo on the Bund is that fantastic boutique style that is cool and fun, like 1920s art deco Shanghai with a colorful modern twist.
- Website: Rapid Travel Chai
- Facebook: Rapid Travel Chai
- Twitter: Rapid Travel Chai
- Instagram: Rapid Travel Chai
- Travel Map: Stefan’s Map with The Best Travelled.
- Travel Hacking Tips: Travel Hacks
Subscribe on iTunes today!!
About Counting Countries
Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space.
Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi.
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia.
Ric is also on his own quest to visit every country in the world. You can see where he has traveled so far and keep up with his journey at GlobalGaz.com
How Many Countries Are There?
Well… that depends on who you ask!
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.