Harry Mitsidis has been travelling “competitively” since 2000. This half-Greek and half-British 44 year old was born in London and is the founder of TheBestTravelled.com. He’s more than qualified to run a website of that name, as he’s already traveled to all 193 countries. More than that, he’s been to 128 of them at least twice! But he’s not stopping there. Of the 1,281 places listed on TheBestTravelled.com, he has been to 1,020 of them!
- Born in: London
- Passports from: UK and Greece
- Favorite travel book: Playing The Moldovans At Tennis
- Favorite travel film: Airplane!
- Favorite travel site: TheBestTravelled.com
- Must carry: Of course, my passport. And okroshka, the name I have given to a little angel, that I travel with for good luck. My partner gave me this gift. Okroskka means summer soup.
- Favorite food: papanasi
- Favorite drink: Vla
- Favorite Airline: Air New Zealand
- Favorite Hotel: Hotel-Bergheim
- Website: Harry’s Travels Around The World
- Facebook: Harry Mitsidis
- Instagram: harrymitsidis
About Counting Countries
Counting Countries is the only podcast to bring you the stories from the dedicated few who’ve spent their lives on the singular quest of traveling to every country in the world. Less people have traveled to every country in the world than have been to outer space.
Theme music for this podcast is Demeter’s Dance, written, performed, and provided by Mundi.
Ric Gazarian is the host of Counting Countries. He is the author of three books: Hit The Road: India, 7000 KM To Go, and Photos From Chernobyl. He is the producer of two travel documentaries: Hit The Road: India and Hit The Road: Cambodia.
How Many Countries Are There?
Well… that depends on who you ask!
- The United Nations states that there are 193 member states.
- The British Foreign and Commonwealth office states that there are 225 countries and territories.
- The Century Club states that there are 324 sovereign nations, territories, enclaves, and islands.
- The Most Traveled Person states that there are 875 unique parts of the world.
- The Best Traveled states that there are 1281 unique places in the world.
Me? My goal is the 193 countries that are recognized by the UN, but I am sure I will visit some other places along the way.
Disclaimer: I will earn a fee if you order from Amazon/Agoda.